Taken from here are some of my ‘favourites’.😆
I found a book “—” on your web site. It was written by my Uncle. I was wondering why it is so expensive? ($50)
– It was inscribed and signed by him.
Why should I have to pay for his autograph? He’s my Uncle, not yours!
A very nice, well-appointed lady spends about an hour browsing the stock, including the locked cases. After building a rather formidable stack of unrelated books worth over $3,500 (including some very scarce Mark Twain first editions), I couldn’t resist asking:
What do you collect?
– Oh nothing, but I will purchase these.
(My curiosity getting the better of me) A gift?
– No. I am going to use them to decorate my daughter’s bathroom.
(Silly me! I failed to notice that the books were all various shades of green. This is a good thing, since the books will soon be color-coordinated with the mold).
(Two women discussing Toni Morrison’s “Paradise”)
Have you read it yet?
– Well, I’m reading it now, but I only read it five pages at a time.
– Well, I don’t want to buy it, so I have to keep going back to Barnes & Nobel to read it.