1. Pride & Prejudice – Jane Austen
I will finish this some day, I promise myself!
2. The Lord of the Rings trilogy – JRR Tolkien
I finished the first two books, I recall… I plan to some day have a LOTR project, where I attempt to read the trilogy in one year’s time!
3. Memento Mori – Muriel Spark
Bought the book for the cover and the synopsis sounded promising. Couldn’t get the book at all. I recently finished a book by Spark called The Finishing School, again conned by the cover and blurb. I may have finished it but I didn’t get the point of the book just as I did with her other book. Oh well.
4. Smoke & Mirrors – Neil Gaiman
A collection of short stories. I love Stardust, but the short stories are bizarre and I don’t get it.
5. American Gods – Neil Gaiman
6. High Fidelity – Nick Hornby
I thought About A Boy was awesome, but A Long Way Down is just that for me – I don’t get it at all. Obviously trying with this book didn’t change that.
7. Jonathan Strange & Mr Norrell – Susanna Clarke
Too strange and thick for me!
8. A Fête Worse Than Death – Iain Aitch
A pity I couldn’t finish this because it’s about the English lifestyle and all its quirkiness.
9. There’s No Toilet Paper… on the Road Less Traveled
A compilation of true short stories by noted writers and their travels. Some were good, some went over my head.
10. Sophie’s World – Jostein Gaarder
A book about the history of philosophy. I still have the book and hope to read it again some day.
What books didn’t you finish?