Lovelyloey gave me this great idea of “compar(ing) the hot male protagonists of books e.g. Mark Darcy vs Romeo, and do it in a real chick-lit fashion and see which one fits more as the perfect boyfriend”. Well, there isn’t such thing as the perfect boyfriend, but I can dream, can’t I! So here goes:
Rules of this meme:
– Choose one option in each question and elaborate why.
– Replace whichever question you don’t want to or can’t answer with your own two fictional lover choices and answer as with the others.
1. Fitzwilliam Darcy (Pride & Prejudice – Jane Austen) or Mark Darcy (Bridget Jones’s Diary – Helen Fielding)?
I only half-read Pride & Prejudice, so I’m going to be biased and choose the modern-day Mark Darcy. Besides, he’s quite a good catch! 😛
2. Shakespeare’s Romeo Montague (Romeo & Juliet) or Prince Hamlet (Hamlet)?
Romeo, of course. Hamlet is too depressing for me.
3. JRR Tolkien’s (The Lord of the Rings trilogy) Aragorn, son of Arathorn or Legolas, son of Thranduil?
Hmm, Legolas is dishy, but Aragorn seems less likely to run around so much. 😀
4. Rhett Butler (Gone with the Wind – Margaret Mitchell) or James Bond (Ian Fleming’s series)?
Rhett. Even though he can be a jerk, at least he’ll make sure I’m well-cared for.
5. Heathcliff (Wuthering Heights – Emily Brontë) or Mr Rochester (Jane Eyre – Charlotte Brontë)?
Heathcliff, because I’ve read Jean Rhys’s Wide Sargasso Sea and I didn’t like the portrayal of Mr Rochester in it.
6. JK Rowling’s (Harry Potter series) Harry Potter or Cedric Diggory?
Cedric, because I don’t want to be with someone that famous. 😆
7. Paul West (A Year in the Merde – Stephen Clarke) or Adrian Mole (Sue Townsend’s series)?
Paul West, because he’s into France and all that. And he’s funny.
8. Tristran Thorne (Stardust – Neil Gaiman) or Roux (Chocolat – Joanne Harris)?
Tristran Thorne, he’s dreamy in a cute, bumbling way. 😀
I tried finding good, contrasting or similar combinations but it was tough! Perhaps I should concentrate on reading more famous romance books… 😛
Tagging: Lovelyloey of course! And you if you’d like to. 🙂