I have a few:
1. I rarely buy books from bookshops at retail price. I usually buy them from warehouse sales.
2. When I buy brand new books, I will select the ones with the least ‘defects’ – even the slightest dog-ear I won’t take. 😛
3. I always look out for coupons in newspapers. I’ve bought Harry Potter books, Stardust, a Roald Dahl book and a few others with them.
4. I generally buy books I have read, because then I know I’ll like it. 😀
5. I prefer to buy books in the same edition. I’ve done this for my Sophie Kinsella’s Shopaholic books and the Harry Potter ones, but my Roald Dahl books are a hodge-podge of different editions. 😦
6. I would buy books as gifts for people, even though I doubt they’ll like it that much, because I don’t know what else to get for them! 😳
Do you have any habits when you buy books?