1. What is your favorite passage/line from a book?
I don’t really remember lines or passages in a book. If I like a book I’m sure there must be some line or other that I like inside it.
2. What do you consider the best film adaptation from a book? What do you think is the worst film adaptation?
Can’t recall the best or the worst. One that I like is Stardust. One that I didn’t like is Memoirs of a Geisha.
3. What is the first book you remember reading?
Peter and Jane? I don’t know.
4. Did you have a favorite kids’ book as a child?
I love the Enid Blyton short stories, compiled into one hardcover. I love the Faraway Tree and Amelia Jane series too.
5. What book did you hate reading for a school assignment?
Charlotte Bronte’s Jane Eyre. I think I would have read it if I picked it on my own, but when I’m supposed to study it as a text, I really disliked it.
6. What is the most recent book you read (or are currently reading)?
Trying to read the first few words of The Picture of Dorian Gray by Oscar Wilde but I seem put off by it. Maybe it’s too depressing to read at this moment in time.
7. What book would you most like to see turned into a movie?
Any of Jilly Cooper’s chick lit tomes would make a great soap opera, in my opinion. That said, the question is about a movie, so I think I’d like to see Roald Dahl’s My Uncle Oswald be made into a movie; it’ll be hilarious.
8. What book did you cheat and read the “Cliff Notes” version?
I never don’t read a book and say that I did by reading the Cliff’s Notes version. That said, I do that for texts I have to study for literature classes.
9. What book would you never read again, no matter how much someone was going to pay you?
Arundhati Roy’s The God of Small Things. I wasted weeks reading it and I’m never going to to do again.
10. Are you more of a library or book store person?
Library! It’s free, ’nuff said.
11. Have you tried audio books? Do you like them?
I have yet to, but I would like to just for the experience.
12. Has any movie ever inspired you to then read the book on which it was based?
Stardust. I preferred the movie though.
13. Describe a passage from a book that made you cry.
Gosh, I cry very easily at every little thing I read. A book that never fails to make me cry is Anne Holm’s I Am David (there’s a movie version of it which stinks, in my opinion).
14. What is your favorite book series?
Cheesy but undeniable – the Harry Potter series.
15. Describe your favorite place to read.
Anywhere bright and quiet.