Mostly, we hate it, don’t we? Books were not written to be turned into movies, so when a movie is made based on the book, plot changes would have to be made most of the time to have a cinematic impact.
Movie adaptations of books are a dime a dozen throughout the history of films. Which did you feel did not do justice at all to the book? Which did you like more than the book? Here are my lists; this is not exhaustive since I’m just putting movie titles that come to mind, which I have seen before, at this moment.
Movies That Did Not Do Justice To The Books They Are Based On
1. Memoirs of a Geisha
2. I Am David
Movies Which I Think Were Better Than The Books!
1. Stardust (I know this is something most wouldn’t agree with me, but hey, it’s my list)
2. The Devil Wears Prada
3. The Lord of the Rings trilogy
4. Bridget Jones’s Diary and the sequel
5. Legally Blonde (yes, it’s based on a book but the book stinks!)
6. The Godfather
7. The Princess Diaries
8. Mary Poppins
9. A Time to Kill
Movies I’m Not Too Sure If They Were Good Or Bad To The Books They Were Based On
1. The Harry Potter movies
2. The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, The Witch & The Wardrobe
3. The Da Vinci Code
5. Charlie & the Chocolate Factory
This post was inspired by this comment!