1. When/how did you become an avid reader?
I’ve been reading books ever since young. My parents bought me lots of secondhand Enid Blytons, so I guess those were my starting point.
2. What is your favorite genre for adult/young adult books?
My favourite genre is young adult! I also like to read children’s books. As for the subgenres, I don’t really care; as long as it sounds interesting I’ll give it a go.
3. What was the most recent book purchased/given to you?
A friend gave me this book which I’m enjoying right now: The Man Who Counted by Malba Tahan.
4. Which book would you like to have that you don’t own?
Audrey Niffenegger’s The Time Traveler’s Wife.
5. What book did you think you would never read, but found yourself reading it after all?
I never thought Neil Gaiman would be an author I’d like to try, but after watching Stardust I bought the book and some others by him to give them a go.
6. Which do you prefer, libraries or bookstores?
Duh, no brainer is it? Where else can you read books for free and not waste your money if the book’s a dud?
7. What’s the longest you’ve never picked up a book (to read for pleasure, excluding all school material – unless that’s really what you enjoy reading)?
Weeks at the most I guess. It’s not that I’m not reading, but more likely to have left the book aside while I finish up whatever’s more important, like deadlines for projects and exams, stuff like that.