1. Are you careful with the spines? Or do you crack your books open to make them lay flat?
A book is a precious, precious thing, and one must treat it with the utmost respect. Preserve its tender spine, for the booklover’s sake!
2. Do you use bookmarks? Or do you dog-ear the corners?
Again, repeat the first sentence in the first answer. Of course one must use a bookmark. Dog bleeding ear, what’s the point of dogs then if we make dog ears in books?
3. Do you write in your books? Ever? If you do, do you make small marks, or write in as much blank space as you can find? Pen or pencil? Highlighter? Your name on the front page?
If one must defile the insides of a book, one must defile it with in one’s best handwriting and only profound, intellectual scribblings, please. Why should one even put one’s name on the book? You would know your own child, wouldn’t you? You wouldn’t tattoo your babies with your name, would you?
4. Do you toss your books on the floor? Into book bags? Or do you treat them tenderly, with respect?
Tossing books on the floor is obviously an ignoramus way, but what does tossing into book bags mean? The way the question is phrased is as if putting books into bags is as heinous a book crime as tossing books on the floor. Whoever created this idiotic meme?
5. Do you ever lay your book face-down, to save your place?
What’s the point of asking the bookmark / dogear question then?
6. Um–water? Do you bathe with your books? Hold them with wet hands? Read out in the rain? Anything of that sort?
Is it just me, or are you also getting wind up reading this inane meme?
7. Are your books lined up on a bookshelf? Or crammed in any which way? Stacked on the floor?
I quit, this is driving me absolutely nuts! It’s akin to a social worker asking me how I take care of my own children, subtly phrasing her questions to make it as if I’m a bad mother to my children for letting them play in the rain or not using wet wipes to clean their butts. Feel free to attempt this yourself.
8. Do you make a distinction–as regards book care–between hardcovers and paperbacks?
9. And, to recap? Naturally, you love all of your books, but how, exactly? Are your books loved in the battered way of a well-loved teddy bear, or like a cherished photo album or item of clothing that’s used, appreciated, but carefully cared for?
10. Any additional comments?
Yes, this is the most bloody obnoxious meme I’ve ever taken!
Reading back my answers, I think I’m being the obnoxious one! >.<