Got tagged by coversgirl.
Here are the rules:
1: Each player starts with 8 random facts/habits about themselves.
2: People who are tagged, write a blog post about their own 8 random things, and post these rules.
3: At the end of your post you need to tag 8 people and include their names.
4: Don’t forget to leave them a comment and tell them they’re tagged, and to read your blog.
I’m doing it a little differently. Since it’s in my book blog, I thought it’s only fitting if I write 8 random bookish facts – you wouldn’t be interested in the other stuff I do if you read this blog.
1. I read the newspapers back to front. I’ll look at the front page, proceed to the back page and start from the sports section.
2. If my books are brand-new, I try to keep it as pristine in condition as possible. I wrap them and I carefully open it so it wouldn’t create creases at the spine. If it’s a secondhand book in a not-so-good condition, I don’t care as much.
3. I get really worried when I lend my books out to friends. I hate it if they take too long to return it because I’m afraid it may come back abused.
4. To clear space on my small bookshelf, I have started giving books out to friends. I don’t know if I’ll continue the practice though, because I don’t feel like they appreciate getting the books. I mean, they have yet to tell me what they thought of the book – they probably haven’t even read it! I wouldn’t mind giving out to readers of Bloggerdybooks!, but the postage will kill me! 😉
5. I can’t not read in the toilet. (I’m fully aware of the risk of getting piles by doing so.) If, erm, there wasn’t enough time to grab a book, I’ll read the labels on the toiletries reachable from the throne.
6. I can’t go out without bringing a book with me. And when I think I don’t need a book for such a short trip out of the house, that’s when I find myself waiting with nothing to read. So I never leave home without a book.
7. I’m pretty stingy when it comes to buying books. My policy is to buy only books I’ve read and want to own a copy of. That way, I maximise my satisfaction out of purchasing a book. I do break the rule sometimes and buy a book based on the synopsis, but only if it’s cheap.
8. I laugh out loud and cry when reading books much more than watching tv or movies.
There you go!