1. The first poem I remember reading/hearing/reacting to was :
Can’t remember, probably some soppy love poem.
2. I was forced to memorize (name of poem) in school and……..
We never had to memorise poems in school. That’s Malaysian education for you.
3. I read poetry because….
I don’t read poetry per se. But when I see one I read it because well, I like to read.
4. A poem I’m likely to think about when asked about a favorite poem is …….
Wordsworth’s She Dwelt Among the Untrodden Ways.
5. I write/don’t write poetry, but…………..
I used to write poetry, but they’re so soppy or amateurish that am too ashamed to show to anyone. I did write a storybook in free verse, if that counts as poetry.
6. My experience with reading poetry differs from my experience with reading other types of literature…..
It’s very raw. It’s expression of emotions or thoughts stripped to the bare minimum of words. You don’t necessarily have a good vocabulary to understand the message of a poem.
7. I find poetry…..
By reading blogs.
8. The last time I heard poetry….
Was at my English class. We had to recite a love poem of our choice.
9. I think poetry is like….
Another language for the artsy intellectual.