1. How old were you when you learned to read and who taught you?
I think I started reading about 8 years old, thanks to those secondhand Enid Blytons bought by my mother at garages sale.
2. Did you own any books as a child? If so, what’s the first one that you remember owning? If not, do you recall any of the first titles that you borrowed from the library?
I can only remember reading those secondhand Enid Blytons. Among my favourite were the Amelia Jane series, The Three Brownies, The Faraway Tree series, and the short stories.
3. What’s the first book that you bought with your own money?
Bah, these questions are ridiculous! I can’t bloody remember that!
4. Were you a re-reader as a child? If so, which book did you re-read most often?
Again, those secondhand Enid Blytons. (For someone whose reading habits were high influenced by Enid Blyton, it’s such a shame she had not kept any of her books.) In my tweens, I liked rereading the Singaporean series The Bookworm Gang and Sweet Valley Twins and Friends.
5. What’s the first adult book that captured your interest and how old were you when you read it?
This meme is making me feel like such an arse for not remembering things from my past regarding books. Bloody hell, next question!
6. Are there children’s books that you passed by as a child that you have learned to love as an adult? Which ones?
Oh, this is the worst book meme I’ve ever done!
But tag me if you’re doing it. At least it’ll make me feel better. 😦