Found this in my inbox and thought they’re interesting! Some I’m still questioning, though, like nos. 4, 7, 8 and 10.
1. Stewardesses is the longest word typed with only the left hand/
2. And lollipop is the longest word typed with your right hand.
3. Typewriter is the longest word that can be made using the letters only on one row of the keyboard.
4. The average person’s left hand does 56% of the typing.
5. The words racecar, kayak and level are the same whether they are read left to right or right to left (palindromes).
6. The sentence The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog uses every letter of the alphabet. (There’s another sentence that uses all the letters in the alphabet but I forgot what it was!)
7. Dreamt is the only English word that ends in the letters ‘mt’.
8. There are only four words in the English language which end in ‘dous': tremendous, horrendous, stupendous and hazardous.
9. There are two words in the English language that have all five vowels in order: abstemious and facetious.
10. No word in the English language rhymes with month, orange, silver, or purple.
And five more random but equally interesting facts! (Authenticity of fact not guaranteed.)
11. A ‘jiffy’ is an actual unit of time for 1/100th of a second.
12. Almonds are a member of the peach family.
13. An ostrich’s eye is bigger than its brain.
14. Rubber bands last longer when refrigerated.
15. Our eyes are always the same size from birth, but our nose and ears never stop growing.